Road bike, referred to as "road bike". Road bikes, mountain bikes and leisure bikes form the three major categories of bicycles. The road cycling in China started late, and the mountain bike market ranked first, but with the popularity of road cycling, the market has continued to expand.
As a bicycle type, it refers to a bicycle type used on a road surface (or an artificially hardened road, or a gravel road), which can be used for a road bicycle race. In order to achieve high speed riding, the body is lighter in weight and less windy. As a sporting event, it refers to a road cycling race.
1. The tire is narrower than the tire of the ordinary bicycle, and the tire pressure can reach 100-200 psi (pounds per square inch) or more, so the rolling resistance during driving is much smaller than that of the mountain bike.
2. The tooth ratio of the tooth plate to the flywheel (ie, the gear ratio) is large, and the general road bike tooth ratio can reach 53:11 or even higher.
3. Today's road bikes are widely used in new materials, such as titanium alloy, carbon fiber, high-grade aluminum alloy materials, etc., so the weight of road bikes is very light, can reach below 5kg, but the international self-linked regulations must not be less than 6.8 Kg.
4. Tires generally use very hard materials, which are easy for athletes to exert their strength. This is very different from a mountain bike. Because road bikes are riding on roads with better road conditions, there is no need to consider the problem of absorbing vibrations as in the latter case.
Due to the above characteristics, in the case of the same rider, riding a road bike is much faster than riding a regular bicycle.
Previous: No Information
Next: Bicycle Tire Knowledge
- Edge System
- Edge System Structure
- Edge System Function
- Edge System Vision Exploration
- The Difference Between Gravel And Gravel
- Cycling Tire History
- Tire Size
- Tire Manufacturing Process
- Bicycle Accessories